PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TNT
Thread: TNT
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2010, 17:45
loulou

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's the good news

Dear Colleagues,

Ever since we launched our longhaul activities we have been successful in positioning ourselves on the Asian market and managed to grab the growth opportunities of this buoyant market. The introduction and operation of the B747ERF was a key move and a determining element to this success as well as our strategy with Emirates Airlines.

You are probably aware that we are now operating 3 dedicated B744ERF’s between LGG and Asia and as of September we will add a 4th aircraft through the Wet Lease-in of a B744F.

During the last 2 years we have followed closely the development of the B747-8F which we believed would be our expansion aircraft. However, it is now clear that the aircraft will not meet the performance extrapolation of the B744ERF. We have therefore considered and subsequently selected the B777LRF.

I am pleased to announce that TNT Airways has secured the delivery of three new B777-200 Long Range Freighters for 2011.

As of last week, the Supervisory Board of TNT Group has granted us its approval for the B777LRF. The first aircraft delivery is scheduled for August 2011. They will operate alongside our existing fleet of B744ERF’s to Asia and are expansion aircraft.

This is great news for GAN’s development and a decisive element to continuing winning market share in Asia. I will present at the next Staff Meeting our business rational and the economical advantages that lead us to decide in
favour of the B777.

This is a significant project and the introduction of this new aircraft type will require some
organisational changes within TAY which will be addressed in September.

Finally you will have no doubt noticed last week information regarding the NATO Contract and the fact that we will be adding the B757 to our fleet by late 2011. We are considering to add a mid size freighter (I.e. B767) however we have not yet been able to conclude and decided to take further time to validate our business cases. It is therefore very likely that we would launch cover the interim with Wet Leased B767.

Best Regards,

Niky Terzakis

Managing Director