PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airblue down near Islamabad
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2010, 11:56
BOAC
Per Ardua ad Astraeus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where do I start?
you might loose sight of the runway briefly in the turns, in the real world.
- not just in the 'real world' but a fully approved part of circling.
We were about to find out
-hmm! I don't think so.
Which of course, is not what he said.
- quite right, as I said. What he actually spoke about was a 'back course to R12'
You had to ask the question several different ways several times to figure out what he means.
- you mean like I did?
since he was a cadet already,
-what sort of cadet?
If that's the case, then why run this guy off in such a rude fashion?
- funny - I thought he 'ran himself off' in a huff?
Then there's this bizarre attitude,
- more a bizarre idea of yours about how to circle-to-land - 'shaving mountains in a circle at 7 miles' what on earth is that about? Using weather radar to 'dodge the hills in a circle? - I wonder if you are actually a pilot too. Leaving aside 411A's nightmare FAA tester, you would not get a seat up front that way anywhere, and I would suggest if you have one that you abandon circling forthwith for the sake of everyone else!

Lastly,
Many journos admire and pretend to be "pilots" since they once touched the controls of a jet for an article.
- indeed they do, and PPRune has a fine reputation for unmasking such - and getting child molesters convicted too - in its history, and we do prefer the truth rather than the make-believe since that enables a serious focus on events. Of course he may well have been handling the radio for the crew on a scheduled carrier from the jump-seat into a major busy international airport, but I leave the rest of this forum to make their own judgement on that and what it might say about PIA.

Yes, Meekal's insight into the intrigue and politics in Pakistan would have been of use, but presented differently.