PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ABERDEEN
Thread: ABERDEEN
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2010, 19:42
ABZ FLYER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Barrhead Travel - Malaga / Palma

Are there any schedules released yet for Barrhead Travels new Palma and Malaga services for Summer 2011? Any indications as to which charter airline will be operating?

In relation to the Flybe news article, how many new services have been started from ABZ in the last year? Nothing worth noting that I can think off, yet we still keep on hearing about Ryanair or Flybe mentioning new destinations which could potentially be started from ABZ.

I can't understand how we have never seen the likes of Bmi codesharing with Lufthansa for a direct link to Frankfurt, or Wizz Air low cost link or LOT (Star Alliance Codeshare with BMI) to Warsaw. These would definately seem more logical than a route to Helsinki. Flybe opening a link to Helsinki is pointless, connecting traffic can already go through Amsterdam with KLM, Paris with Air France or Copenhagen with SAS, why would you want to use a low cost airline to connect with Finnair? and besides that I cannot see much demand for Helsinki as a destination in its own right.