PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ETIHAD's NEW Career Progression Plan
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2010, 15:03
variablepitch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
removeb4flight,

you seem to have taken my post in a different meaning.

I am by no means at all against fleet transfer airbus - boeing - airbus - etc etc. And I think that in general it makes sense for the company to do the upgrades on the 320 and I most definitely think the existing 320 guys deserve their chance to move onto new fleets.

My point was that considering particularly in the case of a 777 FO going to do his upgrade on 320 he has to do a full transition course onto type which is about 8 sims, then another 8 sims for command, then a new FO will be transferred from say 320/330/340 to 777 requiring another block of sims plus then a new recruit - further sim even if already rated 320. So maybe that would come to approx 30 sims in total as opposed to perhaps 8 if you just moved a 777 guy right to left.

The entire point of my post is I don't think that the company will sustain this entire process, even if it is logical and fair, as from what I have heard the sims are already working fairly close to capacity and they are already limited on command upgrades to 4 a month due restrictions in training capacity and that is based on transferring from right to left on the same type of aircraft.

I guess if they buy sim time from external companies this problem could be solved. I don't believe it to be a money issue particularly and that is not something I care about either!

Happy landings!