PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Strange attitudes to female pilots.
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2002, 11:57
Captsumday

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is fascinating!

I see that a number of posts are saying more or less the same thing - that while there may be differences between male and female pilots, overall what counts is an individual's attributes and approach to the job. And that for many of us, there is a sort of higher plane of existence as a pilot.

So with that in mind, I have pulled a quote from another forum and topic because I think it says it all:

"When you become a pilot you join a group of people who enjoy their chosen career or hobby like no other person on earth. Its a passion you can feel and where you see the view change every single moment. When one of us gets cleared to a higher altitude than man could ever hope to fly we all feel that loss. We mourn briefly but choose to remember quickly with a drink and a smile and always remember those who fly with us. I hope those close to this young aviator can feel the spirit that now flies with all of us. We always remember."

This is from Ozbiggles posted on a very tragic and moving topic of the death of a young female Qantas trainee in a two-plane collision on landing at Moorabbin Airport, Melbourne Australia. Forum = Dunnunda & Godzone. Topic = Mb Collision

I think you'll agree with me that these words are deeply moving but also help to explain why, for many of us at least, or for much of the time, the passion of piloting transends the gender thing.

Cheers