PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Logging hours in a TMG
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2010, 11:35
BackPacker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FWIW I have one of those Jeppesen Professional logbooks. They make a distinction between the aircraft type/class columns and the capacity in which the logbook holder is acting columns.

So an instruction flight in a SEP gets logged in the "SE" and "Dual" column, a normal flight in a SEP gets logged in the "SE" and "PIC" column, an instruction flight in a glider or TMG gets logged in the "glider" or "TMG" column (which I added myself) and the "dual" column. And so forth. Simple.

At the end of each page I make sure that the aircraft type/class colums added together, equals the capacity colums added together, equals total time of flight.

The advantage of this is that everything is logged in one logbook. Disadvantage is that difficult questions such as "number of landings in a SEP aircraft in the last 90 days", "hours as PIC of SEP aircraft in the last 12 months", "total number of solo and dual landings in a glider" are not easy to glean from the totals.

But I'm not interested in the exact license my instructor has. If he's legally allowed to instruct me, whatever I'm doing in whatever aircraft it is, my hours go in the 'dual' column. And if I'm the PIC, the hours go in the 'PIC' column.