PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help a failing memory - NSW Cessna 210 crash and a NSW Ag accident?
Old 7th Aug 2010, 03:04
fencehopper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think some of the aircraft being used had the scouts logo on the fin. but long while back... all the operations were down around the scouts hangar as well. did they share faciliteis? seem to have some memories of the aero club involvement as well instructors or aircraft maybe.. but memory again. some thoughts about the location not being nailed until the other pilot fussed up. the search was mainly directed over terrain not the dam during the early part of the search.
from memory also the 210's engine failed from throwing a counterbalance due to extended low rpm settings i also remember thinking to myself that if i was involved in a search that only to have the minimum number of people on board, the pilot concentrates on flying the aircraft and leaves the looking to the others. use a aircraft that can fly and manouver at slow speeds. I too have for some reason or another missed the wrong flight. leaves one a bit stunned but thankfull and thinking that maybe i have something more important to achieve in my future.
Must find a copy of her book does any one have details of it,
cheers and blue skies to all, moving on.
FH