PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airblue down near Islamabad
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2010, 03:00
Captain-Crunch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Meekal

Hey Meekal,

Please don't be offended by, shall we say, some of our gruffer "Wheelchair-Aviators" in this forum who clearly have no experience with electric jets, but still feel a need to wear four bars rolling around in the nursing home. They mean well; they are just trying, like all of us, to flesh out lines of inquiry in the face of nothing to go on. I find myself becoming more and more like them eveyday!

I think your contributions are some of the best in the thread. We have gained insight into the proceedures, terrain and some of the culture of CAA/PIA/Airblue. If you were the son of the Defense Minister, then although maybe not rated, it would not surprise me at all if you had flown a few of Pakistan's best birds.

I would like to ask you to stay, Meekal. I would also like to ask you a favor. Perhaps by some inadvertent accident, someone you know might leak the CVR recording to Wikileaks or Youtube. Though terribly unfortunate, if that were to happen, you might learn of it, let us know, and prevent this sort of tragedy from happening again. The CVR of Adam Air in Indonesia which was covered up by investigators, appeared on Youtube, and made it clear it was a spacial disorientation accident by the Captain. It was caused by the crew selecting both sides of attitude info to the bad IRU.

Had it not leaked, local investigators might not have had the courage to even finish the report.

These are all just my opinions only,

Cheers,

CC