PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Strange attitudes to female pilots.
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2002, 09:21
distaff_beancounter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With regard to chrisN's point (2), I usually fly with other PPL's from the same flying school. It shares the costs, we go on longer trips, & I get bored on my own

Anyhow, my shared trips are about half with women PPLs & the other half with men. So, from my limited experience, I find that I am perfectly happy, sharing the flying with either gender. There is no real difference, although I would only fly with someone who I trust, regardless of their sex.

I regularly fly a twin with a male PPL, usually plus another couple of male friends as passengers. And YES, when we land anywhere, people on the ground usually assume that ANY of the other 3 must be the pilot, but certainly not me!

Nearly all my training was with male intructors, & I never had a any problems with them.

The only instructor who really made me work hard, was for my IMC rating, where I was given a really hard time, made to fly to almost IR standards, & was not allowed to get away with any sloppy flying. My everlasting thanks to Lucy, as she really gave me the competance & confidance to fly on instruments