PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airblue down near Islamabad
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2010, 13:16
gtaflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
....second Cfit Accident To Plague Pakistan ?

Correct me if im wrong gents but i do believe this was the second CFIT to have occurred to this country. the first was an PIA Airbus A310 which crashed into kathmandu and now the Airblue A321 of last week crashing into the margala hills. Both occured as a result of bad weather, resulting in possible loss of situational awareness and deviation fron SOPs.

whichever way one looks at this one thing seems to stare us in the face and that is that this is a human error rearing its ugly head once again and not one involving aircraft technical failure as far as i am aware.

maybe (and there are many maybes) the people that train in PIA AND AIRBLUE are from same airforce backgrounds so much so that they really are the wrong stuff for airline material. From an CRM perpective the experience gradient is all too true and familiar in this case of an experienced captain (whose attitude is i can do everything cos i flew fighter jets all by myself) and the 300 hour f/o who dare even to to question the former. How can a F/O ever question a senior captain or put it more simply why did airblue OR GOVERNMENT CAA allow such an experince gradient to exist in the cockpit in the first place ? and should there be a cover pilot in the third seat in such situations?

and i hear some of you pruners now saying but they had GPWS OR EVEN EGPWS and the airplane shouting TERRAIN TERRAIN PULL UP PULL UP but alas not all airbus are created equal....

Perhaps Pakistan we need to review and learn from the past mishaps before we can even consider going forward.The eyes of the world are once again upon this troubled nation

I share the grief of the families who have lost there loved ones, and deepest condolences..ALLAH DE MARZI to all whome have lost there loved ones on the airblue flight and also from the recent floods in the region.