PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No fatigue at EK...no, no, no, no.
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2010, 11:22
nolimitholdem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wiz,

You just have an answer for everything, don't you? We get it, Emirates is better than every other job/airline you ever worked for, in your eyes.

It is absolutely NOT a complete hyperbolic leap to use the word "slavery" to describe much of the conditions endured by our cabin crew. Far more than flight deck, many of them are completely constrained by the economic conditions and obligations (ie extended families) in their home countries. While there are certainly a few here for a few laughs before heading back to Sydney with a tan, more and more are coming from parts of the world where desperation is the motivation. So to remove such a basic thing as to deny someone the right to declare themself too exhausted to work, while at the same time constantly increase their workload, when they have no legitimate alternative employment options...sounds like slavery to me. Your speaking of the "three month option to leave" is just a variation of the "if you don't like it leave" bullsh#t non-argument. For many it is NOT an option.

No, they aren't chained together singing Swing Low Sweet Chariot. But to enslave is all about controlling others, and that is the clear aim here. But then, Emirates specializes in exploiting others misfortunes. I know, I know, just good business in your world.

btw, it tends to weaken your complaint about rhetoric when you go on about Nazism and sweatshops....not sure where THAT rant was going...