PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help a failing memory - NSW Cessna 210 crash and a NSW Ag accident?
Old 6th Aug 2010, 03:39
ramble on

Received 39 Likes on 9 Posts
Help a failing memory - NSW Cessna 210 crash and a NSW Ag accident?

Hi all,

Don't want to be too morbid, but may I ask for some help?

1. Back around Christmas 1990 a Cessna 210 (VH-PLD) that was out searching for a crashed 152 (VH-BUO?) went down near Lake Burragorang due to a crankshaft failure. 4 of the 6 on board didn't survive the forced landing in tall trees. The two who made it out were student pilots.

Does anyone know whether these two were able to continue on with their aviation careers? I lost a good mate in the accident (the front right seat - AH) and would also like to get back in touch with his family if anyone has any info.

2. Also back in the mid 90's I met a young kid from a mid western NSW cropdusting family at the Nowra parachute club. He was doing an accelerated free fall course and was an all around brilliant young kid with huge heart. I was devastated to hear he was later killed on takeoff in an ag aircraft - engine failure & heavy weight. Does anyone recall this accident (97-98?) or the young guys name?

Grateful for any PMs.
Thanks very much, R.O.