PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAL Pilot Exodus
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2010, 12:22
ninetyeighter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In 1998, I was there, right smack in the middle of it. I was caught by surprise and had to sell most of the things that I had just to get by. I even offered some of them (friends who were about to join the other side) a little of what I had left just to persuade them not to join the "dark side". Lived through it, was even willing to die for it.

Everybody knew that this was a fight not only for the pilots but for the future of the country's workforce. If we lose this battle, this will be the end not only for us, but all of the country's workforce. Di ba kuya we told you that if we lose, the union would be dissolved and nothing would stop management from doing what it wants? Di ba kuya we asked you not to go back? Di ba kuya we begged you not to betray the union? Di ba we asked you to choose between what is morally right and what is wrong? Di ba? Di ba? Di ba after twelve (12) years, these were the things that we warned you about?

A few years back I saw you people in ATO. Instead of giving you the cold stare, I was even cordial. I asked how you guys were with all sincerity and not an ounce of animosity (though some hardcore ALPAP brothers would disagree).

Now, twelve (12) years ago....we warned you....and you would'nt listen....now, you have the guts and the audacity to tell the public that management is after the pilots? choi! don't you feel that you're a little late for that? 12 years to be exact?

Remember, there are still ALPAP members who are out of work. Those positions (outside) will again be taken by those traitors who in '98 made their decision to stick it out with the "evil empire" and now, have decided to leave their beloved "airline". Folks, this is history repeating itself once again.

I kept my mouth shut for so long but I feel that this time, I need to just let it out.

ALPAP - Hardcore