PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CPL in an RA-Aus aircraft
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2010, 10:13
andrewbooth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey everyone,

I was referred to this link by a friend. I am a 100% RA-Aus qualified pilot, but I must disagree with the original poster. RA-Aus aircraft just aren't the same as GA aircraft, fullstop. The Jabiru is a close specification comparison to something like a C152 or a PA38 - but not the same aeroplane. It's important that RA-Aus pilots AND GA pilots realise that there's no general comparison between the two categories of flying. One is a hobby (RA-Aus) and one (GA) is for a hobby and career if you choose to progress to the next licence (CPL).

I'm 15 years old, I went solo when I was 15 and two days old and 3 months later I got my full 'certificate'. At the moment I have no intention to fly at night, fly in IMC or fly in controlled airspace. When I want to do this, I will get a PPL. It's important that people know that the RA-Aus syllabus has evolved greatly since the pre-AUF and AUF days. The syllabus is pretty much the same as the GA PPL Day VFR syllabus & there are advantages to GA training and there are advantages to RA-Aus training. I don't understand why the two categories have this feud with each other, it's aviation, it's all flying, it's something we should ALL be very greatful to have. I know I am.

I'm not biased.

Thanks,
Andrew