PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch-Engine fire Birmingham UK
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2010, 11:27
Guest 112233

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re the Call by the Captain

In an emergency situation like this, it does not surprise me that the captin would anounce to the cabin crew a code word or phrase.

From direct personal experence of a petrol fire on the car deck of a passenger ferry if you here the phrase;

" This is the captain speeking - A working party is urgently required on section A Car deck 2" - Set your brain in gear quick.

As a now informed passenger I would round up everyone I know and quietly say "there's a serious problem listen out for further anouncements - we may have to abandon ship ".

As for the BBC report if true, am I alone in thinking that prospective PAX should be screened before boarding to weed out the panic ridden, the nervous and the just plain stupid. - A screaming/jumping panic ridden PAX is a bigger threat in a cabin than a contained engine malfunction.

Yes I would be frightenerd like everyone else but the "Screaming Ab Dabs" no chance. Not even if there were snakes on the plane.

The screaming/panic ridden soul is a self obsessed individual with no comprehension for the effect of their behaviour on others. Is there a case for public education for (very rare) situations like this.

Hopefully a non event.- Well done, to the crew I would fly ZB any time.

CAT III

Last edited by Guest 112233; 4th Aug 2010 at 11:40. Reason: Public Education