PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Entry to PPL.
Thread: Entry to PPL.
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2010, 09:31
WishesToFly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's My Conclusion

Hi All.

I have come to the conclusion that I wont pay for all my flying as a package deal, but will certainly save up the 'package' price in one shot. It will certainly take me some considerable time to save up the large amount of cash, but will commence flying lessons when I have around 70-75% of the cash. I have 2 credit cards with very respectable limits which are both slate clean (only the odd shopping bill on there from time to time) which will go to my advantage.

In the mean time I will have fun taking a few trial flying lessons at each of the 3 flying clubs at Southend, to get a feel for what it could be like, quality of instruction, aircraft and what's involved.

I also have a good opportunity to save for some basic kit like a head set and some books to read in the mean time.

I will no longer dread the 'stall' and have watched countless video's of stalls in light aircraft, some look stupidly intent and others look a doddle to recover from, I am a brave man anyway, not scared of flying (no way!)...I love it!

I end with a few final questions:

1) What can I read up on while I am NOT flying (saving up for lessons).

2) Is this logbook OK?

3) What headset is good for student flying and taking up the right seat every now and again?

Many thanks for all your help, I feel a lot more wiser to the subject now, and it sure pays to do your research and get advice from you (the people that have done it).

Many Thanks.

Alex