PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch-Engine fire Birmingham UK
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2010, 08:55
anengineer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"huge bang", "sheet of flames", "This is Code Cobra, Code Cobra' and the cabin crew reacted", "captain said, 'We have lost an engine.'.", "The plane was shaking quite badly. It tried to level off and he said, 'We're returning straight away.' - "People were crying. We thought we were going to die." - "We thought the plane was just going to come down. We were over houses.", "big burst of fire", "We shouted to get the kids away from the pitch." "He said people were "deeply shocked" by the time they had returned to the departure lounge and were surprised to find that paramedics were not immediately waiting for them."

Funnily enough, my car had a puncture the other day. We were all screaming "WE'RE GONNA DIE !!!" at the traffic lights, I issued a special code word and my wife sprung into action. People at the traffic lights reported seeing a puff of air and hearing a huge hiss - they were certain the tyre was going down. My sister in law was deeply shocked that there was no ambulance waiting for her at the side of the road.