PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My Future/Dream to be an Airline Pilot
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2010, 16:34
miniss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Future/Dream to be an Airline Pilot

Hello,

Same old story, I want to be an Airline Pilot when I'm older and have come here for some friendly advice. My names Tristan and I'm 17 years old currently studying for my PPL at Aeros in Gloucestershire Airport.

I have always wanted to be an airline pilot from a very young age and I've always wanted to go flying, its my Passion.

I am going into my last year at 6th form into my A2 levels, but still waiting on the results of my AS's. For GCSE's I got 2 A's, 1 B, 5 C's, 1 D Which I was very happy with.

I have already got just under 40 hours flying the PA-28-161 with Aeros and have already flown solo and flown to france with my instructor

I have been looking around Professional Commercial flight Training academy's such as CTC, OAA and I really like them both, but on the otherhand I have heard huge amounts of rumours on both of them on there training and what they offer.

Im planning in starting my training in September next year (2011)

I hope you can help me in my situation as I have a plan of what and where I want to do my training but would like that little extra advice on the specific courses and extra courses after training (E.g. Type raiting, ATPL, CPL, MCC...)

Best Regards,

Tristan Marchent