PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 - 3
Thread: Jet2 - 3
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2010, 10:48
atcomarkingtime

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just back from a lovely holiday. As you may have read earlier, I was flying JET2 from Manchester to Alicante July 19 and return on July 29.
Got to Manchester to find the displayed time on the departure boards showing 1600 but our flight should have been 1410. We asked when we dropped our bags and the staff weren't aware of the delay...but soon got back to us to say that due to aircraft shortage, there would be a delay til 1600. Then the airport boards showed at 1600 that it was a final call to board...so we saw passengers racing for the gate! (so NOT Jet2's fault)
We boarded to be told we had to absorb a 45 minute delay on board due to the Spanish ATC working to rule...and finally departed at 1645.
The flight was great...seats were the grey/red leather look...and the one thing I loved was the fact the seats don't recline...so nobody in front was going to invade my space...what a fantastic idea!
Must admit that the crew weren't the happiest of people tho...but by the way we heard some passengers talking tot he crew...I'm not surprised!
The flight home departed on time...2040...and arrived in Manchester at 2235...5 minutes ahead of schedule even though we had a great headwind...and the crew seemed alot happier on this flight!
A nice 45 minute queue at passport control....a big change to the non-existant passport check on arrival at ALC..
Well done JET2....you made my holiday start well and end on a high....excellent!!!!!
(See...us Air Traffic Controllers aren't all bad!!)