PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airblue down near Islamabad
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2010, 00:03
denlopviper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seen a few high energy impact sites recently and a few low every impact site. Rumors site right so I have the right to make my assumption about. Islamabad is pretty flat with no real high rises, an A320 with anywhere near TOGA power at 800 feet would wake up the whole city. Considering people just over a mile and a half away didn’t hear the A320 does support it not being at max thrust.

Last high energy impact site I went to was the PAF F-27 carrying the chief of the air staff, again a CFIT. But of course rumors of it being shot down and deliberate crash and all are around

@ meekal
You may call the things about the multan crash rumors but they are in the incident report. Head over to the CAA and ask for a copy of that report. Then make up your own mind about it. About the Power Lines not being able to flip an F-27. Try it sometime, you'll be surprised. But of course you are entitled to your own opinions

The report of the C-130 incident can be obtained from the MoD, seeing that it was a military airplane with the army chief onboard. Also since you are in the US why don’t you just use the Freedom of Info act and ask for a copy of the report. Its right there

Believe me pax trying to cook on the airplane isn’t that strange. Some old timer in here must have a good story about it. Forget cooking, lit cigarette butts have caused small fires so it’s not that hard to believe. On my way to Jeddah, the avionics of the 777 shorted out because of a power surge. The reason for the surge was overflowing water from the Lav's going below the floor and coming in contact with some badly insulated wiring. The people thought it was wise to shower in the airplane. And this was a Saudi 777

The SID you are talking about is POMAR 1A. You depart R30, climbing right turn to cross the VOR A045 or above, and then track 171 out to pomar. kahuta wouldn’t be an issue on this departure. And correction, those are Prohibited areas not Restricted a total of 4 around OPRN including Kahuta. If something did go wrong, you can be vectored between the presidency and kahuta as there is just enough space for a small corridor.

oh and an airplane will explode regardless of high or low energy so long as there is fuel in the tanks and an ignition source.. And since they carry enough fuel for 2 missed approaches and then a diversion to Lahore, there was at least enough fuel in the tanks for at least 1 hour at cruise.

Anyway since we both have completely different views on the subjects and I do respect your views, let’s put them to rest and not interrupt this thread on Airblue.