PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airblue down near Islamabad
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2010, 18:10
Meekal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't believe that the crash report of the VVIP C-130 was not released because of commercial considerations.

I don't think this straying into restricted area around Kahuta makes sense. He was coming from the Lahore side and joined the ILS-DME for 30 and then did the circle-to-land procedure. To over-fly Kahuta which is further north-east, he would have had to overshoot the extended center-line for 30 and then turn right going away from the field. That's a pretty weird track. I read it and it has zero credibility.

Kahuta becomes an issue when you take-off from 30 and make a RIGHT-hand climbing turn over the Margalla's (forget the name of the SID) and then out on the 160 radial towards Lahore. If that turn is wide you can stray awfully close to (or into)the restricted area.

Many years ago I was watching a BA 747 depart 30 and make that right hand turn. He came right over my house and I was listening to ATC on my VHF receiver and heard Chaklala tell him "Speedbird XXX, expedite your turn". He was low and heavy (Destination Manchester) and you could understand why they did not want to bank it too hard. But I reckon he did not stray into the restricted area because he changed over to Cherat.

I don't believe power lines can cause a F.27 to flip! I think in the Multan crash he pretty much ploughed straight-ahead into the fields. I believe the fatalities were mostly due to the ensuing fire.

The over-loading was a rumor. No one knows. So was the over-boost. These are all rumors. There is no published report! The in-flight fire on the 707 was a rumor too. They say some pilgrim was trying to cook something in-flight!

I would not describe the Airblue crash as 'low energy'. We have all seen the pictures here. There is no recognizable wreckage; nor were many if not all the bodies. An aircraft hitting a hill and exploding is hardly 'low energy'.