PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airblue down near Islamabad
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2010, 14:18
denlopviper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ Meekal
everyone is entitled to their opinions

political reasons on both sides were the cause fo the incident report not being made public. a high profile incident on the best medium tactical airlifter lockheed had to offer would have pretty much closed down the C-130 production line.

the Fokker in multal was also crew error. by crew i mean the ground crew who overloaded the airplane and that extra cargo not beign entered in the W&B calculations. and the flight crew using an overboost feature above the temp limits which blew the engine. the airplane was still going in for a safe landing, but they ran into a powerline which basically flipped it on its back and you know the rest. and the Fokker was grounded because the crowd refused to fly on the airplane, not because of some dark conspiricy!

and yes i am you average civilian, no i am not in PIA (i am not even in the country) and yes i have read both incident reports.

back to topic. as far as i know the FDR was recovered on the 1st day. the crash site and looks like a low energy impact which kind of puts a shadow on the engine being at TOGA power or accelerating.

but hey i still fly stuff with fans at the pointy end so who am i to know