PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet cuts
Thread: EasyJet cuts
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2010, 17:11
Gulfstreamaviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Media Forum

As well as being a card carrying member of the pilot profession, I must admit to being a media person also.

I would request that all fellow ppruners, respect the media attempt at getting the facts right, when they do try.

The only accurate newspaper was the Telegraph, and the BBC (in the old days was reasonably accurate and technically correct, (my area of involvement)).

Please remember that any profession has its buzz words, and untill we explain clearly and accurately, then the wrong answers might surface.

The EJ NO slots answer was a typical answer from management, to placate the customer, to remove any blame from themselves.

A scheduled service provider is required to ensure that all the "providers" down route, airports airspace etc, are capable of handling the aircraft and passengers. BUT as we all know slots are usually in place either when airports have a high voloume of traffic, thus regulate in advance movements, or airports and control areas have limits that they can not handle safely, thus on an hour to hour basis issue slots.

A possible exception is a strike in France.!!!!! or Spain, and a predicted SLOT problem affects all traffic. In the old days route round, under, over...

But today its all cost driven.

good night viewers, good night.

glf

glf