PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airblue down near Islamabad
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2010, 11:57
Fawad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh my aching arse.......ATC...Told him to "Turn immediately"....What sort of quality and confusing advice to a pilot under pressure was that?

Was this a professional controller or the bloody tea boy?

For Christ sake ATC in future give the poor disoriented pilot bugger a break and a clue!

This was not a simulator check ride real peoples lives were involved.

I think it would have been nice to have told him a direction to a heading in proper ATC radio speak....this pilot you had clearly observed was starting to get this approach badly wrong.

To think it used to be called an Air traffic control SERVICE!

This accident reminds me of the film Aeroplane when ATC pulled the plug to turn off the runway lights to "help" the pilot see the runway and land.
Please excuse this newbie to interrupt the discussion, but I wouldn't put that much faith in this supposedly 'leaked ' ATC communication (given that no official one has been released).

Secondly, even if you are to believe this, the phrase uttered by the ATC was "Immediately turn left, Margalla (hills) are ahead". And the source of this supposed communication is Express News...well known for their exaggeration and "being first to break the news" (even if it is false).

What sounds more ridiculous, however, is that the black boxes have not been found so far even though this happened just a couple of kilometers from the Capital city not some freakin middle of the ocean.