PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Airtex/Skymaster AOC suspended
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2010, 11:01
fencehopper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Only the name has changed

Just read this thread right though, freaking amazing. the only thing that has seemed to have changed in the last two decades are the names. there still seems to be dodgey operators and dodgey servants of the crown.
I can't see that the industry is any safer than what it was back then. aircraft are still crashing for the same reasons, businesses are still being shut down for the same reasons and no two minds can come to the same interpretation of any rule for the same reasons. and MPs still don't have a clue about how to make aviation a real part of commerce.
since i started playing the aviation game in the mid seventies i have lost track of how many blow in CEOs have come and gone in how many name changed depts. they have either fallen on their own swords or been stabbed in the back or rolled over in a change of Govt. I wonder what fate has in store for 'The Skull' (who came up with that name?, i love it).
One thing for certain CASA must be put on a leash. The CEO removed and replaced by a board with at least one member a high court judge. way to much power for one man to play with.
surprised someone hasn't caught up with "them" in the carpark.
FH