PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - True North 407 down in the Kimberleys
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2010, 23:13
blackstump

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did, you didn't, check post 60.

and that said what???- damage already done and any retraction seems very similar to Bill Clintons "i did not have sex with that women" follow up statements.

the machine was reported to me a slug, by a very reliable and high time pilot.

what relevance is this at all ?????? (re ace pilots/ knowledge of top end furace conditions bla bla bla)

I have no intention of revealing the source, get over it.

who gives a **** about the source and inside information - it is of no relevance at all to the defamatory words- have a little reality check and think of how YOU WOULD FEEL IF HE SITUATION WAS REVERSED!

Three seconds to work out how to pop the floats, when the discipline should have been one of the last included ""CONSIDERATIONS"" prior to lift off.

were you in the cockpit at the time privy to actions reactions and stressors going on- yeh you would expect that banging off the floats would be a primary consideration but lets try- second 1- brain working and id that things are going pair shaped, second 2 look outside and see if the aircraft is clear of TN, second 3 collective is on the way down (from second .5 ish to 2 ish) , uh oh now on the way back up, machine is yawing (yep started immediately but in the process of gettting machine straight), ground rush, maybe passenger in front having a little bit of a yell and carry on, still accessing where TN is, and suddenly is second 3 gone and everyone is getting real wet-
Would you or I have done better- myself I dunno, you only the same situation would see the results of that, anyone else- who knows- the guy had 6000 odd hours- you continue to suggest he should have done better- yep in a perfect world the machine would have landed nicely on fully inflated floats- suppose he punched them on on second 2 , come second 3 do you reakon a fully developed set of floats would have been there for the aircraft to sit on?

good god man, hate to drive with him in traffic when the lights go red.

mate what a childish comment- once again you were not there so this is a direct insult to the man in question- why don't you ring him and ask him and this really is not a great comparison is it _ certainly shows a lack of maturity on your behalf and further reinforces your "down the guts with heaps of smoke" method of flaying reputations (more guns- don't worry about the plan/ or sense (your second name Bush / Blair of Howard by any chance?).
ONCE AGAIN YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT A REASONABLY HIGH TIME PILOT WHO PROBABLY DID THE BEST JOB HE COULD AT THE TIME IN THE CIRCUMSTANCES-
obviously you top end gurus versed in the ways of furnace like temps (RELEVANCE???), would do a better job than this - ??

get over it I say, or you'll blow a valve.

No valve to be blown at all just disbelief that you continue in your glass house embarrassing yourself while doing your best to run others down mmmm- what gives ah Einstein??

Public forum, lack of facts, poor knowledge base, axe to grind (?), lack of consideration for others, and so on = damage to reputations that do not need to be damaged. Get it???- probably not. And if you need further reinforcement go way back to the bathurst low flying where you once again got stuck in without a clue of the real facts or the job requirements then got shot down (embarrassing?) again.

Unleash yourself from the lofty glass towers of perfection you reside cause anyone of us is potentially just around the corner from a noteable getoff. One which will undoubtably be mentioned in this forum- do you want to be one who contributes to a culture of guilty 1st facts later? or do you want to either make reasonable, constructive comments that add to the knowledge level of forum participants, that cultivate a fair, constructive and supportive forum that potentially lends itself to assisting pilots (whether they have made best or worst desicions) to recover from the potential ordeals they may find themselves in?
Above all remember you may be next and at present I would think that having set a very very low standard you would be slaughtered on here- we wait with baited breath .......

blackstump
oh yeah -plenty of manuals on turbine theory out there
no more to be said really- your comments shall forever more be plastered here and serve as a resume to your attitude toward your fellow aviators and of course yourself- top of the class champ