PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airblue down near Islamabad
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2010, 17:19
Lonewolf_50

Received 417 Likes on 260 Posts
Originally Posted by BOAC
- now, I am prepared to risk being accused of prejudging this accident, but I do think that judging by where the runway is and where they crashed - yes.
Beautifully understated.
This is all becoming rather odd - now the chaps had water in their tubes and/or were unfortunate to encounter a down-draft over high ground below MSA outside the circling area?
p.pilot will doubtless support his analysis anon ...
For p.pilot:
It seems to have air data problem. s rain was reported ,some times Water in pitot tubes do not drain properly which can lead to un-reiable ASI or ADR failure
Oddly enough, most aircraft fly in rain with no hint of trouble in re the pitot tubes providing input to the systems requiring data from them. From where do you derive the assumed failure of redundant systems?
it seems they encountred sudden down drafts while crossing the ridge. and we also can consider the altimetre settings was correct or not
I will now ask how you relate this assumption of an anomaly to a pilot flying a visual procedure: circle to land from an instrument approach, which was already pointed out in this discussion more than once.

Did you read the entire thread before offering your analysis?
This thread is sadly going the way of all PPRune threads. What about being shot down by the Taliban? We haven't tried that one yet.
OK, maybe the Taliban shot it down using a bacon powered death ray.

Now that we have that out of the way, we can return to the discussion about weather, flying, circling approach, and the recently (and prematurely) departed folk on the Airblue flight.