PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Airtex/Skymaster AOC suspended
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2010, 01:41
Rose_Thorns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can any one confirm. 4 senior ATO MIA.

In connection with the last post?. (No, not the tune. Sit down Joyce).

Heard on the grapevine that 4 BK based senior ATO are all in trouble of some sort; mostly based on one man's interpretations of the CAO as writ. The same rumour describes the FOI involved as being ex Darwin based, (ran out of town on a rail), then rejected by Melbourne and finally being off loaded at BK. Anyone care (dare) to clear this up. It would be a great thing to know more about the people who can, almost at a whim, have such a negative overall affect on the safety of this industry.

I sincerely hope this is not so. There is little enough sense and experience available to the 'kids' on their way to greener pastures than GA. We need the guys with multiple decades and thousands of test hours experience. (Say 4 ATO with 30 years each thats 120 years collective experience gone in a heartbeat).

The great PA 31 type rating saga continues to amuse and delight, (unless your the poor sod paying for it all). As one of the guys involved mentioned. “If I had have done an endorsement as this guy has accepted them done, I would have lost my socks on the way to the AAT”.

Perhaps the CASA grown ups would like to publish a statement about this episode, before it starts to appear in cartoon form in the national press at election time. LOL.

Last edited by Rose_Thorns; 29th Jul 2010 at 01:45. Reason: Typos