PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Airtex/Skymaster AOC suspended
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2010, 23:27
kimwestt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Do as I say, not as I do !!!

Lead Sled, you are right on the money when you mention an audit on CASA. Some years ago (not too many) I did a Safety/Lead Auditor course. That particular course was held in Brisbane, and the practical part of the course was done live on Virgin Airlines at YBBN.
The course instructor commented, in detail, about previous courses, which, for their practical component, had completed (or had attempted to complete) on CASA (at CASA's invitation).
Every component of the Audit on CASA failed, with multiple RCA's (requests for corrective action) issued for every element of the Audit.
CASA declined to discuss the results of the Audit, and CASA subsequently forbade the Auditing of themselves by an independant auditor.
On the matter of a revised 217 manual, demanded of Airtex by CASA, it would seem that the legal imperative of IPSO FACTO has been ignored. It would seem inconceivable that having accepted a new manual, and re-issuing the AOC on the basis of that new manual, that CASA would then proceed on what could best be described as a witch hunt, using the old 217 manual (or parts from that manual that best suit CASA's purposes) to persecute Airtex.
Or does it suit CASA to mix both Airtex's old and new 217 manuals to produce a bending machine that will allow CASA to massage facts into any shape that might suit their needs.
Reliable rumour has it that both Dubious and Worthless conclusions have been arrived at using the aforementioned tactics.
One would suspect that the matter is being mentioned in legal Chambers.

Last edited by kimwestt; 26th Jul 2010 at 23:29. Reason: editorial