PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 26th Jul 2010, 11:50
INNflight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just to add something to your points mentioned (I guess I am endorsing modular after all ):

You can go fly abroad as much as you can as an integrated student. Again, more organizing needs to be done by yourself but you can.

I agree you'll miss out on the campus life, and you'll mostly study on your own, especially should you take a distance-learning GS course. It'll suck.

Integrated is not really faster either. If you have the money, and WANT to get it done ASAP, you can complete your courses modular in roughly the same time. The bonus is, that if you DON'T want to continue at that pace, for whatever reason, you can just stop, or fly just a few hours each month until you're ready to go again. Not really possible with integrated. Once you're in, you'll roughly know when you'll be out. Crap economy or not.

In the end of the day, think whether a name such as Oxford, Bristol or whatever is worth twice the price tag.

It's like paying $200,000 for a $100,000 Porsche because a Formula One driver will teach you how to drive it instead of a, say WRC driver