PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Airtex/Skymaster AOC suspended
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2010, 03:51
threeeleven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CASA

I agree with much of what has been said here, most importantly being CASA's selective and often unfounded targeting of operators and individuals, some based on personal grudges and several FOI's desire to have the last word. Not for a second am I saying Airtex don't have issues, however look at the way CASA have done this again, the friday late arvo shut down.

There are a stack of dodgy operators around, that get away with what they do because they can. Then there are others that are so closely monitored, any glitch (even if outside everyone's control) and they feel the wrath of an angry bunch of little men. Troppos were a good example. Again, not to say they didn't have some issues along the way, but they were undoubtedly the best operator up there, and the only one to be shut down.

If you ask ANYONE in Australian Aviation what they think of CASA, you will always, 100% of the time get a negative response. Why is this continuing on like this then? Why the hell don't we do something about it??

There are a lot of incredibly intelligent, informed and experienced individuals here on pprune, surely there are enough people to get together and get some action going.

We live in a society where we decide who controls what we do. Why do we all complain about these people and do nothing about it?? Unless proven otherwise, I believe we all feel the same about this, so why are we sitting around letting these people continue doing what they do? Where and how do we start??

I'm sure there are people on here who consider this a very naive and uninformed post, however the simple fact is that everyone in aviation here in Australia who is governed by these people all feel the same. So why can't we start to make a change?