PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So, just passengers eh ?
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2010, 03:47
rottenray

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coopz,

I'd like to think your post was the result of having a bad day and simply needing to vent frustration.

My experience on this site has been different from yours. I've managed to stick my foot in my mouth a few times, and nonetheless learned from the sometimes less than politically correct replies. But most of the discussions I have enjoyed have been very civil, if a bit sarcastic at times. One must keep a sense of humor.

This set of forums, like any other discussion site, has its fine folks as well as its lunatics. You're only hurting yourself if you let the few tarnish the many.

My experience with people working in aviation has left me with a much different opinion of the industry than yours. Most of the pilots and other crew I've met are genuinely nice people, although they will sometimes express themselves very directly and abruptly. I think this comes with the territory they inhabit.

Also, I'd like to add that the airline industry as a whole is going through tough times at the moment, and it has to be very irritating (and maybe frightening) for the people who work in it. Tempers may be shorter than normal.

I don't think the "politics" here on PPRuNe is any different than found on any other moderated discussion site. I have moderated for sites and I can tell you that it is not as simple as most think. Mods have a tough job to do - keep discussions within established boundaries while not stiffing the discussion. Failing at either can kill a forum quickly.

Cheers!