PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So, just passengers eh ?
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2010, 19:14
Coopz67

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, just passengers eh ?

Let me just say first of all I am looking forward to the replies from this post.

I think in industry terms, the aviation industry is filled with most arrogant and conceited people I have ever known.
Now don't get me wrong, I work in advertising so I know many a pr*ck, but you guys take the biscuit. I have followed aviation from a child. Academically I wasn't up to it, although I was of the opinion if i'm not interested, then it ain't worth learning and aviation wasn't on the list of preferred choices in the 4th year (year 11 in metric).
Honestly, when I read the dismissive and abhorrent posts on this site, it's worrying. I ask myself..."Would I want to be flying in your ship ?
Quite categorically no !
The systematic abuse and one upmanship on this site is beyond belief.
Smarmy answers and dismissive attitudes embedded in this site lead me to a conclusion. I am glad that I never worked in this industry at all (cue lemon sucking faced people).
Even more worrying from my point of view (passenger/slf) is that if you're so grumpy on the ground,then what are you like in the air. I manage a small team of 15+ staff and yes we have the same issues as you. ie, upper management, SOP's, scheduling, etc.

If someone walks into my company with a CV or a genuine interest in what we do, we don't dismiss them. Instead we take the time to find out how keen they are and after consideration either employ them or put them on record.

So next time you are pushing back, consider for a moment the "SLF" that is wondering why flap deployment is maybe a little late (relieved all the same) and laughing at passengers who can hear the PTU, thinking someone is hacksawing through the fuselage.

We passengers are not all as stupid as you think. My best mate is Senior F/O recomended for Cptn on A320 type and I pretty much know Cold and Dark thru to shut down.

Hopefully my grammar has prevented the easy option of criticism but then there is the minority whom will idly comment.
"And your point is ?"

my reply is

"These are the people I never want to fly with"

Don't get me wrong, there are people on this site who genuinely want to help and are welcome contributors, of which we thank. But the most worrying aspect of all is the goddamn politics on Pprune.