PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Airtex/Skymaster AOC suspended
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2010, 13:38
Rose_Thorns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wonder, in my quiet way - why is it so?.

We have the snipers 'in the back of the crew bus' (slightly smug for being there) or people hiding behind 'Dirinbandi' locations (sod the spell checker) or some such ridiculously far fetched part of the planet, happy to deride, delight in criticism and run down an industry which, despite all the inherent, inflicted and regulatory problems, survives.
Almost everyone here had a start in GA, some had a charmed run, some fell at the first fence. But every pilot reading this (bar a few) has held their breath over a 'rough engine', gripped the seat with their buttocks during a close call for fuel or dragged a pig through a fence on a hot day calling loud and long, to whatever Gods they believe in, the pilots eternal prayer .
"Just let me get this one home and I'll never infringe a regulation again". The second line is
" Please help me survive my first 500 hours multi, and I will live in 'Dirinbandi' for ever, always humbly ride in the back of the bus (crew only) and never stuff up like this again so help me".
This newly discovered piety always lasts until slightly after the second beer.
GA runs on enthusiasm, adrenalin and precious little else. The guys at Airtex are no worse and probably better than a lot of operators. It is grossly unfair to criticise young Andy Wilson, a three legged dog, or a two legged bar stool without you knowing the story. ALL the story, warts and all.
It is quite a story. Wait for the evidence and the judgements. It will be worth it.
To those who allow the 'authority' to rule their every waking minute remember the bit in the book about throwing the first stone (it is Sunday after all).
Tailwinds – Lilum (inter spinas).