PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PRAWNS
Thread: PRAWNS
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2010, 19:23
2 sheds

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The point is it didn't work HD, there were incidents due to incomplete/inadequate handovers. I assume there are less (sic) since the introduction of PRAWNS else it would not have stuck.
If there is an potential risk of some essential factor being omitted (as obviously there could be), surely this indicates that it should be done by written checklist, as for example, a runway change or emergency alerting action. I feel that this is particularly important when trying to hand over while actively controlling traffic. My objections to PRAWNS are that a) it sounds/looks silly and amateurish, b) it would be entirely unnecessary if a proper, logical and unit-specific checklist were used, c) has been forced on units by some Neddy in NATS, assuming that one size fits all, and d) is, IMHO, in an illogical order anyway, presumably just to force a damn' silly acronym/mnemonic out of it for the benefit of someone's career advancement.

Surely, the most obvious first item - at an aerodrome - should be runway-in-use, easterly or westerly operations?

2 s