PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Airtex/Skymaster AOC suspended
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2010, 01:48
snoop doggy dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

How do you get envy or revenge out of the above threads dhavillandpilot?

Was there a Metro and recently a PA31 that killed people from this company?

If envy or revenge is wanting good operators to service people in Australia, whilst cleaning out the rest, I guess it is as you say.

Having casual employees who will tow the line (because they want the twin hours or whatever), do what is required (long hours, low pay, work fatigued, etc) is not at all conducive to a good safety culture. Sooner or later the latent failures line-up and disaster strikes, as it has with this company .

The good thing for the seventy families is that they will have their loved ones coming home tonight, as CASA is doing what it should have done a long time ago. The regulator acts too slowly and should have guided this company on a tighter rein it seems. Example, Transair operated for some time before they were finally closed.

It will be interesting to see what safety culture changes the company put in place since the first disaster. If the company employed people full time since disaster one, then I guess the were moving in the right direction. I doubt it though and what have my money on the line drivers still being casual so they are at the companys' beck and calling .

For the record mate, I have always choosen where I work and walked away from operators when it did not seem right. I had a good bit of advice when I started out twenty years ago and have used it as a measure;

"If someone asks you to do something that's not right or fly an aircraft that is not serviceable, don't do it and walk away. Even if they say there are people to replace, walk away, you keep your good reputation and a better opportunity will come your way."