PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 4
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 4
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2010, 09:42
Guest 112233

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re the 767

As only a customer on the AA from BHX to ORD, ( I used the service 4/5 times during its initial period before the suspension and not the 767-300), did the weight restrictions really depend on the varient of the 767 being flown.

Accounting for all other factors being equal i.e. Temp, RWY in use, Fuel loading and Pax & Cargo for the trip. If any ppruner could enlighten us with their actual operational experence, it would help make sense of many of the discussions. Not forgetting the 787 or A330-300 Series too. - General terms please, I don't want any thing commercially sensitive.-

Is it just a stistical thing - e.g. Hot day (BHX), Full House , adverse winds on route and therefor no capacity to carry some high revenue urgent cargo. - You can imagine better permutations I'm sure.

Were the weight restrictions commercially critical ? or did the service lack in attracting those essential High fare business Pax - This argument could also be applied to many routes from the regions outside MAN.

CAT III - EX AA customer.

Last edited by Guest 112233; 23rd Jul 2010 at 09:56. Reason: Sorry additional point - Improved grammer