PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QR Bonus
Thread: QR Bonus
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2010, 07:53
jetzdrvr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys, I guess because I am new I am not allowed to start a new thread? I tried posting one but it has not showed up, and it's been a week now.

I am got a job offer at Qatar and I am trying to figure out if I should accept. I enjoy a good quality of life at the airline I currently work at, but the money is not that good. So going there would be for the money.

However, how bad is really the A320 and is it really worth exchanging quality of life for more money?

This is what I heard so far about the A320 at QR:

1) average of 8 to 10 days off. And usually 8 days off at base and maybe 2 days off away, that's if you get to do any layovers

2) 12 to 15 hours of duty days regularly?

3) forget about any type of social life for a single guy. first you can't bring a girlfriend over to your place. Second, you are so tired after flying that all you want to do is sleep. And then on your days off there is really nothing to do?

Most my fellow pilots told me to forget about it, that 8 days off only gets old quick. right now I average between 13 to 16 days off.

Also, how are the captains like on the A320? Each airline has it's fair share of jerks, but how are they overall?