PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 4
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 4
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2010, 21:51
wanna_be_there

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Daza, My last post was mearly re-iterating my points incase anyone missed the point.

That doesn't make me immature, it just means that we have a difference of opinion.

I havent got a problem with your defence of BHX, but this is what made me think you had a chip on your shoulder:

It would appear that some contributers on this forum (mainly from London and Manchester) seem to feel that BHX doesn't need to expand and evolve its services.

Anyway, you have posted something that reverts back to my original statement:

As I say we don't need to go over old ground as to why US and other long haul services are thin on the ground at BHX. There are so many long haul flights from London less than 2 hours by car

So back to the original point, does BHX need the extention? HSR or no HSR extention or no extention, the above statement will always be true and LHR will always have the superior choice. Hell, BHX cant even secure an India route thanks to LHR, even though LHR-ATQ's yields are lower than BHX was.
Also:

I repeat that BHX has managed to secure funding so business must have confidence in BHX and its infrastructure plans even if you don't

Is this investment off projected future demand, otherwise I stand by what I said and BHX should look at MAN, a second runway it doesnt need based on future projections, ala BHX having an extention it may not need.