PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 4
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 4
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2010, 21:16
wanna_be_there

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Daza, you miss my point completly.

1) It will be hard to make a runway extention pay due to the fact BHX already handles the largest aircraft it would realistically get in the future, and has handled the A388. Longer routes will be hemorraged not because of BHX's runway issue, but because of the carriers already in place (as mentioned in a previous post by me). What chance will BHX have of attracting the likes of LAX/SFO/LAS etc when it cant even support 2 daily B757's to the US as it is (again mentioned in another of my posts)

2) you will see that I have said BHX has lots of potential, which I do think it has for the likes of Middle east (Qatar etc) and India (Air India) and Euro cities (MAD, VIE, WAW, BUD etc)

3) I have said MAN's second runway is more of a problem than a help, as its not paying its way compared to the money spent on it, so with the infrastructure in place BHX has what it needs.

4) I have not once said BHX doesnt need to evolve its services, again if youd bothered to read my posts properly at all, you would see areas I think BHX could improve itself and maybe try and get a niche to offer something other airports cant (eg more double jetbridges to offer multiple A380 docking, quicker terminal navigation, fully state of the art terminals etc)

Lastly, my location on my profile bears no relevence to my opinions of BHX, or any other airport for that matter, so get that chip off your shoulder and grow up will you!