PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No Jet Job without 1500Hrs - Coming Soon?
Old 22nd Jul 2010, 20:54
atpcliff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi!

DAL IS hiring as many as they can put through training. On the other hand, my buddy told me that DAL is a horrible airline, and I should look elsewhere, just like you hear from EK and QR guys (as well as CX guys).

Many US guys WANTED an ATP, and let their Congressmen know....sounds like 1500 ONLY, and NOT the ATP.

Colgan Crash: Both the Capt and FO were hired with less than 1500 hours, and it was the Capt's 2nd job...both of his he was hired with less than 1500 hours...with a barrier like this, either one of them, or both, may not have entered or made it through to the 1500 time mark to begin with.
AND,
what the Colgan crash REALLY did was open the public (and the Congress') eyes to the sorry shape of aviation in the US...guys were getting hired with less than 200 hours, and even WITHOUT a Commercial License, to fly in the right seat of a high performance jet. By hiring such low-experienced pilots, the US airlines could save a lot of money by paying crap/introductory wages to introductory pilots.

cliff
LFW