PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - swiss air + CRX Air = (swiss-lx)=0
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2002, 10:36
finalschecks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Studi, I think we can at least all agree that a lot is rotten in the state of switzerland! (You can ask Ed Fagan or otherwise look at the flower/butterfly-ties that they make pilots wear)
As " just a taxpayer" you seem well informed about the demise of the S-air group, but your information is very one-sided.
Probably you have more friends with the former SR than the former Crossair. (which is fine with me)

Let me try and fill everybody in on the Crossair-side of the story.

The whole deal is NOT primarily over money! It is about a fair distribution of gains and risks on ALL fronts.
The sentiment in Basel is that Crossair was used as a lifeboat and then hijacked by former SR-people.

Within the "single pilot corps" a lot of extreme differences emerged, which resulted in social unrest.
After countless unfruitfull talks, the Crossair pilots union decided to take the managment to court on account of being discriminated upon. Concerning seniority, vacation and yes, pay.

And guess what, they WON! The managment of -now- SWISS was forced to pay a quarter million SFR, and find a reasonable solution for this problem.

Up to now there have been no offers laid on the table by the managment which exceed the pre-court offers.

Time will tell how this tale ends...

P.S. To put your remark about greediness in context, a copilot with the former Crossair makes about Sfr4800, in a country where an average car mechanic makes the same!
Without paying for his Sfr 100000+ education.