PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interesting story on BBC
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2002, 09:21
Spotter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Get to Falkirk

Or another similar sounding Scottish phrase.

I'm not at LACC or LTCC, & I hope never to be. But you can be sure that whatever precedents you set down there will be forced on the rest of us whether we like it or not if it suits management.

Surely you are not serious about wanting COMPULSORY extra shifts rostered? I've no objection if you want to VOLUNTEER for extra duties & mess up your days off just for the sake of a poxy few quid, but don't expect me to.

Anyway I thought it was supposed to be so horrendously busy down there that you need every bit of respite just to recover for the next cycle's onslaught?

I may not work at a unit handling the amount of traffic you do, but I value my time off, and if anything would prefer the union to be working towards negotiating a shorter working week for us in line with other quality industries in this country & abroad.

I feel that your suggestion rather than encourage people to move south, would have the reverse effect. If you want to attract people then you have got to attract them by offering a better quality of life. & to some people quality of life is not just about having figures on your payslip that look like phone numbers & a mortgage to more than match.

If you want more money then fight for more money, but don't work yourself into an early grave for it.