PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Britbashing
Thread: Britbashing
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2002, 07:46
SASless

Received 523 Likes on 218 Posts
I have no problem saying something is better....irregardless of its origin......I just have a problem with starting off with the mindset that because of it being British it is naturally superior. I believe in calling a spade a spade.....and as your post so clearly points out....you insist upon demeanning the USA rather than refuting the points being made. My post merely said lay off with the preliminary statement of "the British.....is the best" and get on with the statement of fact or question.

I will gladly admit I prefer pubs to taverns....dark beer to light beer, curry to stewed chicken, Guinness over anything liquid, Lexington BBQ to all others....London to New York...the Wessex over the S-58T....the Mustang over the Spitfire....the Mossie over the Mitchell.....British comedy over American Sitcoms.....but I sure don't care for the xenophobic mindsets of some of the folks from the east side of the salt water divide.

Operative word is "some" not all....not many....not every.....just the few and the vocal.....those that cannot understand that every nation has a claim to greatness....and that mere birthright or class status does not give a natural guarantee to superiority.

I am not alone in this view....you have heard it from Nick Lappos and other ppruners from the western side of the salt water divide. As long as we on the west side are told by those on the east side how great things are there by natural right then you can count on a rebuttal. That is not Brit Bashing.....more like Brit Baiting maybe....which is definitely more rewarding and fun.

The one thing the Brits and the Yanks have in common....is the liberal left in both societies have an absolute ironclad belief that they are morally, ethically, and naturally correct and any opposing view is immature, incorrect, immoral and demands emotional responses with all sorts of illogical baseless allegations.

So Crab...stick your refuelling probe out on that SeaKing and take a very long flight....you guys do inflight refuelling with helicopters right?