PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How desperate and illegal can you be?
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2010, 14:44
His dudeness

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pace, you wrote:

The best way to make something go away is to remove the reason for it being there not by trying to beat and crush it out of existance.
What do you mean by that? Regulate the pvt ops as com ops which is tried and reportedly pursued by the british authority (EASA OPS)?

Thats not what I want. I operate a jet for a company and we do rent out to one other company that is owned by the same majority stake holder than 'my' company. We do have permission by the german authority to do that.
So we operating legally, btw one condition is that we take usual market prices, as they have bottomed out and we calculated in 2007 we actually are more expensive.

if you mean deregulate and take away the massive over regulation for com ops, forget it, will never happen.
So its back to square one.

If the private op goes into shorter fields than the AOC whos fault is that? Not the owner or pilots but the regulations.
I operate in and out a field that is too short for 1,67. Ergo, 1,67 for all = me no job. Thanks, I donīt want to be unemployed. Yet I operate with 1,25 or 1,44 for wet and up to now it always worked out fine. We had a commercial TP (1,43) going over the end after touching past the halfway marker. What kind of factor should we use to make it safe for such loonies? 3,98? 7,56?

1,67 and 1,92 btw is from the early sixties I was told, comes from the 727 certification. 50 years later its still in use, some still manage to go over a rwys end, so....

What our industry would have needed is unification, meaning the operators should have a loud say through EBAA or something alike, but most miss the importance of this kind of representation. Have look at NBAA and AOPA in the States and you know what I mean. Instead of getting together they think their daily struggle and dogfights gainst eaach other makes them strong. STUPID. I tried to bring the 5 firms we had at the time at my place to get togehter and work united on the JAROPS implementation. It was just a mess, no common ground was found in a lot of talks. Fools.

I still hope I can make it to retirement (2033 ) in this job, but my hopes are probaly too high.