PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QR Flt Ops 'Management' - The Laughter Factory
Old 16th Jul 2010, 21:51
sandpitwantabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well … Contacted …QR will never do a Qantas they could never loose face, if you take a step back and look at Qatar we are a good 10 to 15 years behind the UAE. So we are trying to show to the world we are a powerful player and using our petrol $$$$ to make our mark on the world, apart from making major investments in London buying up Harold’s and other major companies. The government has big plans for prestigious projects with currently a lot of talk but no action, the bridge, the rail network and of course the 2022 world cup. Do you honestly think there could be any type of scandal suggesting Qatar has to cut back spending would affect the chances of getting 2022. There is no concern over making a profit just ‘Flying the Flag’ of Qatar, however they will try to push costs down which mean employing staff who will work for less.

Over time staff will leave, jump ship or get fired then the wheels will stop turning as recruitment is a mess, when they feel the affects of not being able to recruit then who will bail them out. Mr ‘Useless’? but he is not able to make a difference or stand up to AAB. The Moroccan (WA) spent most of the time on the beach in Miami during the last recruitment drive as there were no candidates I wonder who got the blame for that trip, how many has she had axed from the recruitment department or made their life such hell they have jumped. As Ainkhaled puts it “she puts out” for the CEO I wonder how many others do the same for him. (I look forward to your book).

Talking of things going and cuming why has AAB’s picture gone from the inflight mag? I would love to know what AAB said about the change, I am sure it was not his idea!