PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QR Flt Ops 'Management' - The Laughter Factory
Old 16th Jul 2010, 18:35
Capt Krunch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jimmyg

In a western society i could not agree with you more.

This applies nicely to an educated consumer, of which 90% of our patrons are not. many of our flights are sub-continent worker flights. The vast majority do not pay for the ticket and do not know or care about much with regards to a South West airlines operating model.
Fall asleep and wake up on any of our flights to the USA or the some european destinations including the UK and you'll think your coming or going from some Sub-continent destination. I have heard some of these passengers ask with a serious face.. "where do I find the toilet for a British passport holder " !!
Now do you really think these kind of people (which amounts to a large percentage of our passenger traffic) really care about how happy our crew are or how well they are looked after.. they expect service over and above the required standard, the more you give the more they want. I'm not even going to speak about the local passenger profile, some of which treat our staff as they would their house maid and worse. One could go one for a long time with regards to this western philosophy, but it is not something that would work in this arena as well as it does for South West.
I must reiterate that I believe i the South West model. I wish it could be that way.
QA is not forecast to make a profit for years to come, as mentioned by the self procaimed great one himself. The airline is more of a country Brand name rather than a wheel of fortune. There are many people out there who have only known the airline before knowing that it was a country.

Thus they treat us as they like with no concern. No one here cares who is happy or who is not. get the brand out there, make it look good and shut up. Thats our model... and people still come.

Poisoned by Compromise
Krunch