PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How desperate and illegal can you be?
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2010, 11:14
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We pay a shed load of cash each year to our Regulatory Authority, employ Quality Managers, Safety Managers, Training Managers, Flight Safety Managers, Health and Safety Managers, Internal Auditors, External Auditors etc etc et*******cetera and when is the last time I heard of an aircraft being impounded and the operator being fined or imprisoned for it? Yep, exactly, never. I know that the UK ANO has recently been updated to include the ability for a broker to be charged with aiding and abetting an illegal charter but that is only one place (where to be honest bent charters are getting a lot less).
Daifly

I think this says it all but not in a positive way.

This is an example of our liability society steeped in needless burocracy, loaded with mindless costs to keep jobs going in departments, sub departments etc and a good example of why we in the UK are in such a financial mess.

Aviation regulations should be about shown safety no more no less not loading more and more costs onto a struggling industry until it creaks and breaks.

If a private jet is deemed as unsafe it should not fly until that threat has been removed. If the same jet under an AOC is loaded with massive costs to fly the same route something has to be wrong? One cannot be safe while the other unsafe?

Dramatically reduce the costs on AOC ops and you would not be threatened by so called illegal ops as then you could compete on cost and the free market.

The best way to make something go away is to remove the reason for it being there not by trying to beat and crush it out of existance.

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 16th Jul 2010 at 13:05.