PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GAPAN Scholarships 2010
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2010, 12:30
MDHAC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JN Somers

I applied for the JN Somers and was one of the unlucky 106 applicants who received the letter saying we had not been successful.
I have a few comments for some of the above posts...

Firstly, as I understand it GAPAN rely on sponsors providing the money for these courses, and so you may be right that this organisation may not last much longer. That said I dont think it deserves the abuse for the excuses it gives. Like another poster said they have to lay down basic reqirements due to the volume of applications.
I think they deserve commending for the work they have done and the scholarships they are able to provide as you dont see many other companies in the UK offering anything close to that.
If you were not selected that is unlucky, but you've got to keep trying, and maybe one day the government will do something to help people in this industry (probably only once all the eco warriors b*gger off and find something else to complain about!)

Secondly, to other people who applied and were unsuccessful. I sent them an email for feedback and they responded within a couple of days. I would recommend you do the same. It was short and to the point so dont expect a lot but its shown me where I need to focus my attention. I cant remember the address I emailed but it was one of the contact us email addresses on the website.