PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Approach radar courses
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2010, 23:24
CLAMES

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The airline industry certainly is a long way ahead of ATC in adopting new technology, and for a very good reason - they operate in a commercial environment, ATC training doesn't. The way it is delivered is unchanged since the 1930s - one person showing another what to do. The computer-based training colleges do use is indeed very basic as far as I have seen. The real training is done manually.

While your attitude to change continues it will never happen in ATC training. We have indeed presented our package to NATS and I would rather not discuss the result publicly, PM me if you want to know.

The people you describe as gullible wannabes are in fact quality young people who simply want a worthwhile career, and to describe them as such belittles them. The face a daunting task just being selected and then again in training. It is they who will benefit from any improvement in the system and needless obstacles should not be put in their way. You seem to be concerned that I am out to rip them off, when in fact the exact opposite is the case. A major motivation in spending years producing VV was to change a system that I watched destroy many young lives, I could not live with the thought that I had defrauded anyone, and that is what a money-back guarantee is all about. You keep quoting pounds instead of dollars, by the way, I hope that is not intentional.

There I go .... making another commercial. We do advertise on this site, by the way.